|Home > Tips & Resources > Fire Prevention Tips
Fire Prevention Tips
- Never leave coffee makers, irons and halogen lamps unattended while turned on.
- Never run electrical cords under carpet or furniture.
- Always ensure there is adequate airspace around electrical equipment to prevent overheating.
- Do not use appliances with frayed or cracked wiring.
- Ensure your stove is not located under a window in which curtains are hanging.
- Ensure that all family members practice a fire drill, and know all escape routes.
- Never leave candles, barbecue grill or any open flames unattended.
- If your clothes catch on fire do not run: - STOP, DROP, and ROLL wherever you are.
- Smoke detectors should be placed on a ceiling adjacent to bedrooms and in the kitchen.
- All flammable liquids should be stored in approved safety containers outside of your house.