Home > Tips & Resources > Security Tips
- Leave lights on when you go out at night even if you are going for a short period of time.
- Push button locks on door knobs are easy for burglars to open. Install deadbolt locks on all your outside doors.
- Never leave keys under doormats, flower pots, or other “secret” hiding places, burglars know where to look for a hidden key.
- Keep a detailed inventory of your valuable possessions, including a description of the items, date of purchase and original value and serial numbers.
- Trim the shrubbery around your home, overgrowth may provide a hiding place for burglars.
- If your house key is lost change all locks to the house.
- Insure all your valuable possessions.
- Be a good neighbour, if you notice anything suspicious in your neighbourhood call the police immediately
- When you are not at home consider leaving the television or radio on.
- Do not leave valuables visible in your car. Always lock them away in the trunk of the car.